Dysphagia Solutions by ACP®
The Synchrony Dysphagia Solutions by ACP integrates surface electromyography (sEMG) and patterned electrical stimulation (PENS) into a treatment combination that promotes improved swallow mechanics, normalized muscle function and tone, increased muscle strength and coordination, pain reduction, and a better quality of life.
The Synchrony is now portable, giving your clinicians two options that fulfill their patient care needs:
- Improve motivation and tolerance
- Promote superior functional outcomes, patient satisfaction and quality of life
- Develop more effective treatment plans using objective data
- Take the treatment to the patient
- Decrease length of stay
- Save an estimated $5,000 per month vs. modified diet and feeding tubes
The Synchrony Dysphagia Solutions by ACP® combines sEMG with a virtual environment to engage patients in fun, interactive swallowing and speech exercises. Objective data highlights progress for patients and therapists to see while also guiding treatment plans.
Kangaroo – Effortful Swallow
Diver – Effortful Swallow & Tongue Against Resistance
Assessment & Objective Data
Product Overview Video
Dysphagia Evidence-Based Clinical Programs
Our customizable evidence-based program combine innovative technologies of Synchrony with customized clinical protocols and pathways, advanced therapist training and on-going support by ACP’s speech language pathologists to ensure you achieve better outcomes for your patients in the most efficient manner.
1. Thiyagalingam, S., Kulinski, A., Thorsteinsdottir, K., Shindelar, K., & Takahashi, P. (2021). Dysphagia in Older Adults. Thematic Review on Aging.
Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 96(2), 488-497. Retrieved [2021, April 30] from https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(20)30902-2/pdf
2. Crary, M. A., Carnaby Mann, G. D., Groher, M. E., & Helseth, E. (2004). Functional Benefits of Dysphagia Therapy Using Adjunctive sEMG Biofeedback.
Dysphagia, 19(3), 160-164. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-004-0003-8